So you need to move some stuff, or you may need to relocate your entire home.
1. You can use a full service moving company.
- You've probably checked and you know they can be expensive.
- Your property may be mixed with other freight or unloaded and reloaded.
- You don't control when your belongings will be delivered.
- They are inflexible if some of the items are dropped off different at addresses.
- These companies are notorious for many additional charges amounting in hundreds even thousands more than your original quote.
2. There are container shipping companies like PODS.
- Fine if you need storage but, it is almost impossible to pin them down to a delivery date.
- These companies are known to charge your credit card with unexplained weight, storage and delivery charges.
- Their customer service agents are often very rude and unhelpful and at times combative.
3. You can rent a truck and move yourself. This is an economical and efficient choice for most moves.
HOWEVER driving a large moving truck long distances is not for everybody.
- A moving truck can be difficult to handle. This is especially true if you are towing a car.
- Driving long hours can be tiring and very dangerous
- City traffic in a large tuck can be very intimidating.
- A moving truck is not nearly as comfortable as your car.
- Safely driving through mountains or coping with bad weather is much more difficult in a truck.
- There are special highway rules that apply to trucks and height and weight restrictions
- Trucks are excluded from most parkways and are not allowed on certain streets at certain times.
- In some states rental trucks have to stop at inspection stations.
- Your move may exceed one truck - you'll need an extra driver.
My drivers are thoroughly vetted with extensive background checks. They are trained professionals that have years of experience driving large vehicles.
My pricing is fair and transparent. You will NEVER be charged any extra fees.
There are costs you will incur if you do it yourself:
- Truck rental.
- Packing supplies - if needed
- Help to load - if needed
If you use Rented Truck Driver, you simply pay the above plus the driver and his return. Not complicated.
I would love to help. May I give you a formal quote? It is FAST and FREE!